Vastu Shastra may not be necessary for living, but it is beneficial for a better and healthier life. It is the science of surroundings you live in. Vastu enables to sync the energy that you built within you with the environment. Vastu Shastra aims to disqualify negative energy from one’s life and focus on positivity. In this article, we will discuss some Vastu tips for your home to have good academic growth, good well-being,and a good income. Vastu Shastra adherence helps in the decision making of home buyers and tenants, alike. If any house is built along Vastu lines & rules in mind, then, the people living in such flats will be more successful and if you are someone who believes in the power of Vastu then read on.
Your living room is the first space that welcomes you home and where you spend some quality time together. Tips that can attract the right energy and vibe in your house. The direction of the energy is initiated by the door to your Living room as per Vastu compliance ,and according to Vastu expert, it should face the north, east, or north-east direction. Experts also advise against painting the door black or having any water-related elements surrounding it like floral torans & ornate name plates. Dustbin or Shoe rack should be avoided outside the main door, due to their ability to garner negative energy. The main door should always be well-lit & inviting as it is the entrance to your home. Placing weighty furniture such as your sofa set in the west or south-west direction of the living room. Installing television and electronics in the south-east part of the living room. If your dining space is also part of your living room, make sure it is situated in the east or south-east part of the room. It also a great concept to have it closes to the kitchen so that there is an easy access of food.
Pooja Area/ Room
The pooja room is an important part of most houses in India. According to puja room Vastu, the northeast is the most favorable area for the purpose of prayers due to its sacredness & divinity. If space is not available then, either the east or the north are the second-best location for the puja space. Although it may seem a great idea for optimizing the space in the house, never place the pooja area or worshiping ideals underneath the staircase as this will mean that family members will walk over the roof of the pooja mandir. Likewise, the toilet is considered a space with negative energies, it is inauspicious placing your pooja unit against or beside its wall.
The ideal placement of the kitchen is the southeast direction of your home. If not then the next most ideal direction is the the north-west. However, try that the kitchen is not in the north, north-east or south-west directions of the home as it has said to ruin relationships between family members.
- Most of the objects in the kitchen are inflammable, such as cooking stoves , cylinders, microwave ovens, toasters, among other appliances should be attempted to be placed in the south-east direction in the kitchen. And a person should face east while cooking. This will provide positive energy
- The wash basins and cooking range, which consist of the gas cylinder and oven, should neither be kept on the same platform nor parallel to each other, since both the components ie water & fire are opposing elements, can unintentional generate fights between couples and family members.
- All items consisting of water outlets in the kitchen like washing machine, water pipes kitchen drain & the wash basins, must be in the north or northeast direction inside the kitchen. However, an overhead tanker in the kitchen should never face the north or north-east direction.
- Depositoryof grains and other stock should be in the south-west direction of the kitchen as it attracts good luck and prosperity.
Dining Area/ room
- Dining area in West is the best, in North or East is the second best.
- Dining room should always beextensive, hospitable and comfy.
- While eating; head of the family must face East. Rest of the family members can face East, North or West while eating.
- East, North or West walls are best for doors of dining room; prevent door in South wall.
- Square or rectangular dining tables are best; do not use circular, oval or any other shape as far as possible.
- Keep the dining table towards South-West corner of dining area without touching the wall.
- Avoid placing dining table under a beam.
As per the Vastu Shastra, the master bedroom should be in the south-west direction, and the head of the family should occupy the Master room. However, Master room in the multi-story, should be towards the south-west on the top floor, and it must be larger than any other room in the house.
Placement for the Bed: The bed towards the south or west direction is the perfect option with the legs should be facing in north or east direction.
Avoid corners for the bed: The right placement for the bed is in the center. Many people find it convenient to place the bed in the corners as it is near to the charger points but according to VastuShastra, corners are considered unsuitable. As per Vastu, the master bedroom must be used by married couple which not only strengthens the bond but induces happiness in the family
Direction for the changing room: Presently, there are changing room, bathroom and dressers, all attached to the room. The best place for these is the west or north side of the room. In addition, the bathroom should not directly face the bed, and the door of the bathroom should be closed all the time.
Entry to the Room: Make sure the entrance of the room is in east, west or north side of the walls. Entry from the South must be avoided & there must be a single door for the entrance which should be smooth enough which should not make any noise while opening or closing.
Children’s Room: According to Vastu Shastra, the perfect direction for the children’s room is on the east side of the master bedroom. The right placement for beds in the children’s bedroom in a south-west direction to enable the direction of child whilst sleeping to be towards either south or east.
Usually placement is fixed due to services like plumbing etc. Choose light colours for the bathroom, such as beige and cream. Avoid dark colours such as black and dark blue or even red. As per Vastu, toilets and bathrooms should not be combined. However, due to space constraints, most urban homes cannot afford such a facility. Therefore, attached bathrooms are popular and widely used.
- Mirrors in the bathroom should be hanged up on the northern or eastern wall of the bathroom.
- Electrical fittings, such as geysers in the south-east side.
- Exhaust fans, or if you have a window for ventilation, should face the east or north-east direction.
- Washbasins are supposed to be in the east, north or north-east part of the bathroom.
- The shower should be located in the east, north or north-east part.
- The washing machine should be placed in the south-east and north-west direction.